Our animal hospital is equipped with an in-house laboratory that allows our veterinarians to quickly perform many of these diagnostic tests to achieve an accurate and rapid diagnosis. This is especially important for very ill animals and those requiring immediate or emergency treatment. Some more specialised tests may need to be performed by an external veterinary laboratory.
Our in-house laboratory can provide results on the same day. Specialised testing may take longer, especially if the sample is sent to an external laboratory. External laboratory results are usually obtained within 12-24 hours for blood results or up to 14 days for biopsy results, depending on the nature of the test being performed. Ask your veterinarian when to call for your pet’s laboratory results.
Our in-house equipment includes capacity for:
- staining of blood films and tissue smears
- faecal egg counts (quantitative and qualitiative)
- haematology (blood cells)
- biochemistry (blood chemicals, enzymes and some hormones, some drug testing
- toxic drug (poisoning) screening for some drugs
- Urine analysis